Eggs are a great source of protein and many other nutrients. These are really an any time of the year great snack! They are super easy and fulfilling with the heart healthy fat the avocado provides. You can doctor up the egg yolk and avocado mixture any way you’d like.
Recipe: Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 8 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2-4 tbsp hot sauce
- dash of sea salt
- splash of lime juice
- Slice the eggs lengthwise and remove the yolks
- Rinse the whites to get any leftover yolk out, pat dry
- Combine the yolks, avocado, hot sauce, salt and lime juice in a food processor
- Pulse until almost smooth
- Spoon the mixture into each egg white half
The amount of hot sauce will vary depending on how hot the sauce is. I used 4 tbsp of The Green from Horsetooth Hot Sauce. (local company sold at Whole Foods and Vitamin Cottage or from their website) It is pretty spicy but I love it. It’s a mix of green habaneros, serranos, tomatillos, garlic and onion.
I am determined to get hard boiled eggs to come out perfect! If you could see the eggs in the back of my picture, you’d say my egg skills need work!!! Every cookbook seems to think they have the answer. Our altitude makes a bit of a difference but I am going to figure it out! If anyone knows the trick, please let me know!!!