I decided to throw this Breakfast Meatza Pizza together for Sunday Brunch over the Thanksgiving Weekend. Looking at what it has in it, how could you go wrong regardless of what it looked like as a finished product! I mean bacon, eggs, sausage, avocado, who wouldn’t like it! This breakfast pizza was a hit and who says it can only be eaten for breakfast! It tastes just as good the next day for leftovers and is the perfect on the go meal!!!
Sausage Recipe inspired by Make It Paleo
Recipe: Breakfast Meatza
- 1 lb pork sausage*
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder or two garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional for spicy)
- 4 eggs
- 2 pieces bacon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sea salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, combine the crust ingredients and mix well
- Press the sausage mixture onto a pizza pan, cast iron pan or on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes
- Place the bacon in a skillet and cook until just slightly under cooked. Remove from pan and set aside
- Place the mushrooms, onions and garlic in the pan with bacon grease and saute over medium heat until tender
- Once the crust is done, remove it from the oven and crack the 4 eggs onto it.
- Place the mushroom mixture, avocado and bacon pieces onto the pizza and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes longer
The yolks will be slightly under cooked. If you prefer runny yolks, reduce the time or add time if you prefer yolks that are cooked all the way through.
*This could certainly be made with any other ground meat, the sausage is just the perfect breakfast meat!
If you can tolerate cheese, certainly add some to the toppings!
Get creative, there are so many options for toppings!