I’m going to keep this short and sweet and to the point. If you haven’t tried the Chocolate Drop Cookies recipe yet, you need to! You will love them, unless you are not a coconut person and that is why I created a coconut free no bake cookie! I loooove the coconut chocolate cookies, but these are darn good as well…different good! And, no bake cookies are so easy and quick!
Recipe: Chocolate Cherry No Bake Cookies
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter or coconut oil* (or combo)
- 1/8 cup vanilla dairy free milk (I prefer So Delicious no sugar vanilla coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener** (I used Swerve for no sugar option)
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 – 2/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 generous tbsp cocoa/cacao powder
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until they are ground into pieces. Add the cherries and pulse again, set aside
- In a saucepan, melt the butter/oil with the milk, sugar and cocoa/cacao powder. Bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes
- Remove from heat and add the almond butter, nuts and cherry mixture and stir until combined
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto a parchment lined plate or small cookie sheet
- Place the cookies in the freezer for about 15 minutes to set
- Store cookies in the refrigerator or freezer in an airtight container
*Make sure the oil is expeller pressed (Tropical Traditions sells this) or refined coconut oil so you do not have coconut tones in the cookies.
**I have not tried this with a liquid sweetener. I think it will work, but I would start with only a 1/4 cup.
These can be made with any dried fruit, nut and nut butter. I used sliced almonds to avoid skins in this recipe, but whole almonds will work.
Don’t forget to get your copy of the Fast Paleo Top 100 of 2012!