Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and that means lots of chocolate will be consumed. I am working on numerous chocolatey treats for the month of February. Here is a simple pleasure to get us all in the mood! My Chocolate Cherry Bites recipe is another easy way to get your chocolate fix.
I have grown to love dark chocolate, especially when there’s nuts involved! Chocolate Bark is such an easy way to fancy up some nuts and chocolate. This could also be poured into mini muffin trays or any other mold.
Recipe: Chocolate Coconut Macadamia Nut Bark
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or broken chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4-1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut or coconut chips
- 1/4-1/2 cup honey or sweetener of choice (optional)
- Place a glass mixing bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and add chocolate and oil
- Once everything has melted, remove from heat and add in the nuts, coconut and sweetener
- Mix well and pour onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Place in the freezer to set. Once it has hardened, break into pieces
If you are using a dry sugar, xylitol or erythritol to sweeten, I would “powder” it in a coffee grinder or blender or it will be gritty
You could use almonds instead of macadamia nuts.
Store the bark in the freezer so it stays hard. Let us know what other combos you try!